A component of the Festival’s Florida Focus program, CinemaSlam, Miami International Film Festival’s film school competition, aims to discover, showcase, and celebrate the work of undergraduate and graduate students in Miami/South Florida film schools. Open to any student enrolled in a participating South Florida college/university on the completion date of the film. Miami/South Florida schools include Barry University, Center of Cinematography Arts & Television Miami (CCAT-Miami), Florida International University, Miami Dade College, Miami International University, New World School of the Arts (University of Florida) St. Thomas University and the University of Miami.
- Films may be a narrative short, documentary short, experimental short, or animation.
- Category is open to a maximum runtime of 20 minutes.
- Film completion date must be October 2013 or later. Films submitted in a prior year are ineligible.
- Submissions are OPEN until Friday, January 5, 2015.
- Submission deadline Friday, January 5, 2015 is FINAL; we cannot consider submissions after this date.
- Films submitted may be part of a class project or an independent piece.
- Submissions MUST be uploaded to the Withoutabox platform in an acceptable resolution.
- Students must pay a submission fee of $10 to enter the competition.
- Exhibition format if selected as "a finalist" must be BluRay or digital file.
The 2015 CinemaSlam Champion” will receive:
- Sara Fuller Scholarship - $500 Cash Prize, courtesy of Film Florida
- MiamiFF32 All-Access pass to winning director, courtesy of Miami Film Society
- Engraved Award
For further details email:
MiamiFF Submissions Team