The objective of Encuentros is to facilitate and support the completion of Latin American and U.S. Hispanic feature film projects in post-production and propelling them towards their debuts on the international stage.
Encuentros 2014 Call for Entries will open in September 2013.
A History of Successful Encuentros Projects
- 7 Virgins (7 virgenes) by Alberto Rodríguez, Spain – Nominated for six Goya awards and winner of one; won Silver Seashell at San Sebastian 2005
- Dog Eat Dog (Perro come perro) by Carlos Moreno, Colombia
- Gigante by Adrian Biniez, Uruguay / Argentina / Germany / Spain – Winner of the Silver Bear Berlin 2009
- Heartlift (Lifting de corazón) by Eliseo Subiela, Argentina – MIFF 2006 Opening Night Film
- Holy Girl (La niña santa) by Lucrecia Martel, Argentina – Screened at MIFF 2005; Official Selection 2004 Cannes Film Festival
- Lokas by Gonzalo Justiniano, Chile
- Madeinusa by Claudia Llosa, Peru – Screened at MIFF 2006; premiered at Sundance
- Rolling Family (Familia Rodante) by Pablo Trapero – Screened at MIFF 2005
- Satanas by Andi Baiz, Colombia – World Premiere at MIFF 2007
- Septembers (Septiembres) by Carles Bosch, Spain – World Premiere at MIFF 2007
- Tanta agua by Ana Guevara y Leticia Jorge, Uruguay – North American Premiere at MIFF 2013 and Knight Ibero-American Competition Grand Jury Prize winner