The purpose of Miami ENCUENTROS presented by Moviecity is to facilitate completion of feature films produced partially or entirely by Latin-American based production companies, or from US Hispanic filmmakers, that are currently in post-production and will not be completed by March 2014. Miami ENCUENTROS aims to propel these projects towards their eventual debuts on the international stage.
ENCUENTROS 2014 will take place March 8-9, 2014 during the 31st Edition of the Miami International Film Festival (March 7-16, 2014). MIFF ENCUENTROS and Moviecity will be awarding a pre-sale contract offer worth USD$ 35,000 to the winning project as select by a jury of industry professionals.
Deadline for submission: January 10, 2014
A History of Successful Encuentros Projects
- Por Las Plumas (All About the Feathers) by Neto Villalobos, Costa Rica - Winner of MIFF 2013 Encuentros $10,000 cash prize...more
- 7 Virgins (7 virgenes) by Alberto Rodríguez, Spain – Nominated for six Goya awards and winner of one; won Silver Seashell at San Sebastian 2005
- Dog Eat Dog (Perro come perro) by Carlos Moreno, Colombia
- Gigante by Adrian Biniez, Uruguay / Argentina / Germany / Spain – Winner of the Silver Bear Berlin 2009
- Heartlift (Lifting de corazón) by Eliseo Subiela, Argentina – MIFF 2006 Opening Night Film
- Holy Girl (La niña santa) by Lucrecia Martel, Argentina – Screened at MIFF 2005; Official Selection 2004 Cannes Film Festival
- Lokas by Gonzalo Justiniano, Chile
- Madeinusa by Claudia Llosa, Peru – Screened at MIFF 2006; premiered at Sundance
- Rolling Family (Familia Rodante) by Pablo Trapero – Screened at MIFF 2005
- Satanas by Andi Baiz, Colombia – World Premiere at MIFF 2007
- Septembers (Septiembres) by Carles Bosch, Spain – World Premiere at MIFF 2007
- Tanta agua by Ana Guevara y Leticia Jorge, Uruguay – North American Premiere at MIFF 2013 and Knight Ibero-American Competition Grand Jury Prize winner