2002 MIAMI INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL AWARD WINNERS:
GRAND JURY PRIZES:
- Golden Light Award Best Feature: A Cab for Three (Taxi Para Tres) by Orlando Lubbert (Chile)
- Golden Light Award Best Documentary: La tropical by David Turnely (USA)
SPECIAL JURY AWARDS:
- Raw Deal: A Question of Consent by Billy Corben & Alfred Spellman (USA) - "for provoking conversation and debate"
- Adrift: Lost on the Road of Expectationsby Tom Curran (USA) - "for combining intimate personal narrative with exceptional filmmaking skills"
- Chicken Rice Warby Chee Kong Cheah (Singapore) - "for fresh adaptation of a classical theme"
- Manitoby Eric Eason (USA) - "for a courageous look at contemporary America"
- Kissing Jessica Stein by Charles Herman-Wurmfeld (USA)